9 Jun 2018

Delicious Donuts 'n Dogs plus more from the Great White Buffalo

What a pleasant surprise awaited my return to Lakes Entrance after a short break. The Lakes Country Cruise weekend was on, a recurring event bringing many Hot Rod and car enthusiasts to the area over the June long weekend. This means cars of all descriptions, but mainly Hot Rods all over town, and of course, I have a certain love of all things car ! But what of this mysterious "Great White Buffalo" what is it?, where is it?, why am I writing about it?. Well another love of mine is food......,


The Great White Buffalo is a mobile food van, and yes it is great, it is big as a buffalo, and it is of course white.  So having been working my way around the magnificent display of cars on the Lakes Entrance fore-shore, I was a tad peckish (when am I not peckish ?), and just happened upon this establishment set up with their flag flying in the afternoon breeze.  HOT DONUTS it said........
Writing up the menu - look out for this Food Van
 The breeze was what guided me to the van, an aroma well known to me and one which is well loved, that unmistakable air wafting around and tantalizing those in the vicinity of fresh hot cinnamon donuts. Oh heaven is here, what better on a winters afternoon that a bag of hot cinnamon donuts, I could not resist, the temptation was too great, I weakened and ordered a bag.

Happy patrons enjoying hot donuts

Almost too hot to hold, covered in lashing of luscious light cinnamon sugar, I bit into the first one, the outer crust just crispy enough to enjoy the delicate crunch, the sugar fell all over my jacket, around my mouth and on my fingers, this is living! The dough was reached, it was so light, it melted in the mouth, divine delicious donuts. I couldn't stop myself and before I could even think of closing the bag I had eaten four. (Don't tell the wife!). Those delightful delicious delicate donuts let me tell you, are just a start.

Even this dog was getting excited
 about getting his donut
Also on offer today were "dogs on sticks" yes the good old favourite, a huge dog on a stick, haven't seen them that size before, huge and covered in batter, eaten of course with lashing of tomato sauce. Now these two delectable dishes cannot be fully enjoyed without a coffee or two, and here again coffee was also on offer, long black, cappaccino, latte, order what you will, it is all there together with a range of cold drinks.

So there you go The Great White Buffalo is a Mobile Food Van locally owned and operated and providing events such as today's with some very tasty, top value, tantalizing food choices, not to mention the range of drinks to wash them down. Set up to cater for events in the region, great to see a new local business giving it a go.
I had to add a couple of cars!
Look out for The Great White Buffalo - great donuts ! 
Next time you are out and about at an event take a tip from me, look out for The Great White Buffalo Food Van where you will enjoy a great white bite and a drink to follow.
Contact Ray on 0418312250 or Email rsschwarze@bigpond.com

I did leave a couple of donuts in the bag and sneaked them later in the car, almost as good cold as hot!
Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment