11 Aug 2018

All in Black and White – a different view of our region

I vividly recall developing my first roll of film, a 620 size from a Kodak Box Brownie camera in the cupboard under the stairs in my parent’s house, I was aged about 8 and it was for my photographer badge in Cubs, (now Cub Scouts). 

Water on Rocks and a Rough Sea

How things have changed and with the age of digital photography, technology has almost overridden the original art form using aperture, shutter speed and focus to your best advantage.

Texture and Shape on Salmon Rocks
In nature nothing has changed, texture shape and man's use of natures "hardware" remain attractive 

The Repetition and Texture of Trestle Bridges
I enjoy going back to the simplicity of black and white, a far more critical medium to work in, but one which can provide dramatic effects. 

Reflecting Sun on Sea at Cape Conron

Never shoot into the sun they say, but it can make for dramatic effects
Likewise, still water and natures shapes provide an intricate design.

Reflections at Boggy Creek Nowa Nowa
I am happy to share some of my work in black and white in this instance using Nature as a subject.

The Simplicity of an Old Fence Post
 Some of my work is on display (and for sale printed onto canvas) upstairs at the Lakes Entrance Visitor Information Centre, others are available from me directly.

Grasses and Reeds on Tambo River
Water is never far away from my photography, it is captivating and an ever changing subject.

Fascination of Water Spray

Enjoy
Simplicity of Reeds in the Mist

No comments:

Post a Comment