19 Nov 2018

Ode to the Bunnings Onion

I found the following on Facebook and could not resist copying it - Just for fun or is it ? 
Are we becoming far too over the top with "OH & S" "PC" etc., ?
We are becoming so scared of litigation etc that our lives are being affected.

on top and round the sides !

Where has the right of  free choice, personal tastes, our own opinions and free speech gone?
To me this is a prime example of "over the top"

A bit light on but on top!

I want my onions ON TOP of my sausage, and if Bunnings will not allow that personal choice, which is my personal taste, then I am sorry, No sausages at Bunnings for me. 

Yes that's the way to do it!

So then in memory of all the above I give you....

Ode to a Bunning’s Onion

I am a Bunning’s onion
My life was once quite grand,
I’d get to look at everything
As you held me in your hand.

Looking out the drivers window
Or at the people you would greet,
All these scenes unfolded
Up upon my sausage seat.

Sometimes I would be blinded
Smothered by that sauce so red,
Or a squeeze of yellow mustard
Soaked up by the fresh white bread.

But now my life’s just not as good
As it used to be,
For my view is now constricted
By the snag on top of me.

And why you ask have things so changed,
Why did my status drop?
It’s all because some Gympie bloke
Trod on me and went flop!

So I’ll fade into obscurity
Underneath some dodgy meat,
Now that Bunning’s changed the way
We eat our weekend treat.

So please do not forget me
Now I’m down out of the way,
And now and then lift up that snag
And smile and say G’day!

I’ll still be just as tasty
Cooked so caramel and rich,
I’m just not as important
Since becoming Bunning’s B#tch!

by Peter McFadyen

Even with brown sauce Onions on top!

Just to compound the issue I could not find an image with the onions under the sausage. 
If I did, I would not have printed it for fear of alienating and insulting the sausage, demoralizing and upsetting the onion, substantially frightening the bread, and inflicting unwarranted and unnecessary extreme stress on the sauce.!!

Perfect- bread, snag, onions, sauce, from bottom to top!

Add peppers with onions and still on top!
Come on Bunnings - get on top of all this......!

Acknowledgment to Peter McFadyen for the Ode
Google images for images

No comments:

Post a Comment