13 Dec 2018

Ferryman's Cafe Re-opens - I am a happy man !!


I am indeed a happy man, my favourite haunt  Ferrymans' Seafood Cafe re-opened this morning at 11am., after a long absence, in fact since April last, and just in time for the pre-Christmas and busy summer trade. 

Ferryman's Floats once More
Finally, after months of uncertainty due to the build up of sand under the floats so reducing its ability to float, be stable and safe, the sand has been removed. It has indeed been a long wait, and I was pleased to hear of the re-opening. I can once more sit in my usual corner overlooking the water on a Saturday morning. 
Interior looking to the West covered deck
I am advised that things will have changed a little with simpler menus and a few changes to opening hours mainly due to the lack of available preparation time for the opening, obtaining quality stock staff and organising the venue itself after a long closure. One thing that will, I am sure, not change is the quality of food at Ferryman's one of our town's iconic eateries.
Breakfast

I cannot wait to get back to a breakfast, and that Hollandaise sauce, morning coffee, with a scone of course, lunch and the best calamari around, and an evening meal at Ferryman's. Once I have enjoyed the delicacies of the new menus I will for sure report on my findings and the tantilisation of my tastebuds. Stand by for updates !!
Calamari

Having been closed for a while, I am sure they will be busy, so book your table (Ph:5155 3000 or see them on Facebook) to ensure your place. for lunch or dinner, even pop in for a coffee and make the booking in person.
So there we have it Ferryman's Cafe is open once more, it is on my list (I have a few on it !) and it should be on yours.
Dine at night and watch the sun go down

Welcome Back Ferryman's


NB: Please note that at this stage the Fresh Fish sales on the lower deck are still closed, still getting back up and running. watch this space for more news.! JM


No comments:

Post a Comment